Rental Terms & Conditions
„Lessor“ – company VIATOR d.o.o., owner of LAST MINUTE Rent a car brand, with headquarters at : Kralja Držislava 6 , 21 000 Split , Croatia , VAT: 64731717121
„Lessee“ – natural or legal entity which or for whom the vehicle is rented. In Rental agreement referred to as „To be paid by“ and held responsible for compliance of all articles in these General rental terms and conditions and Rental agreement.
„Rental agreement“ – single contract signed during vehicle lease/rent takeover which approves usage, defines takeover and return of the vehicle, assurance included in lease price, payment method, procedure in case of vehicle damages and other rights and obligations which both contractual parties fully accept with signature.
„Damage report“ contains information about mileage, fuel amount and damages or eventual shortfalls on leased/rented vehicle.
Damage report and General rental terms are considered as integral part of Rental agreement.
„Driver“ – natural entity referred to as „User“ in Rental agreement which signes the agreement and takes over the vehicle. Responsible for compliance of all Rental agreement articles.
„Additional driver“ – natural entity referred to as „Additional driver“ in Rental agreement which is approved to control the vehicle and responsible for compliance of all Rental agreement articles.
„User“ - Lessee, Driver and Additional driver, hereinafter marked as „User“ in General rental terms.
„Unauthorized user/driver“ – every individual who is not mentioned as authorized vehicle user in Rental agreement, as well as individual who doesn't meet regulatory terms for control of relational class and category of the vehicle or has authorization/driver license deprived from him/her.
„Vehicle“ – vehicle mentioned in Rental agreement.
VIATOR d.o.o./LAST MINUTE Rent a car General rental terms and conditions currently in effect are highlighted in every Lessor business office as well as on offical Lessor website: www.rentacarlastminute.hr
Driver and Additional driver:
• person of least 21 years old and has valid driving license for at least 2 years.
• exceptionally for vehicle categories ( FVMR, XGAR, FFMR, XTAR, PDAR, LDAR, LVAR, XDAR ) minimal requirements are: 25 years old and 5 years driver experience.
• persons in possesion of valid credit card accepted by Lessor and guaranteed by User for liabilities that may incur from lease and in relation to vehicle lease, all in accordance with General rental terms and conditions.
Upon vehicle rent, User is obliged to submit to Lessor originals of valid documents (ID, passport or driver license) as a prerequisite for vehicle rent.
Driver and Additional driver are obliged to:
• Return rented vehicle with all the associated accessories and equipment at spot and term defined by Rental agreement, apropos on Lessor request.
• Take care of technical validity of the vehicle and obligatory periodic vehicle service.
•Properly maintain and conserve the vehicle with attention of a conscientious economist.
User is not allowed to perform any part, circuit or device alterations without previous Lessor concordance.
Fuel expenses during the lease are carried out by the User, meaning that at the drop off of the vechile the fuel level must be equal as it was at the pick up.
Driver, who on behalf of the legal entity Lessee, takes over the vehicle and signs Rental agreement, guarantees that is provided with corresponding authority and is responsible for compliance and filling of all Rental agreement liabilities.
On each signed Rental agreement, General rental terms and conditions are applied as a Rental agreement appendix. General rental terms and conditions are integral part of every Rental agreement.
As a guarantee of payment, valid credit card is required (VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX or DINERS).
When picking up the vehicle, authorisation on the card must be made according to the car category.
When returning the vehicle, as method of payment, renter can use credit card, debit card or cash.
Every vehicle is provided with third party liability coverage.
Deductible amount depends on the car group and is determinated by rental company's management.
CDW - Collision Damage Waiver - max. amount of renter's liability for damage made on a vehicle, or so called excess (deductible) amount. Its hight depends on the car group. If the damage is lower than the excess amount, the renter is liable for the amount estimated
TP - Theft Protection - the renter limits his liability for this type of damage up to the amount of excess
Risk and amount of liability for damages, renter may reduce by acceptance of the following payment:
SCDW - Super Collision Damage Waiver ( top cover ) - daily supplement for reducing renter's liability to zero
The insurance does in no way cover:
• damage to the wheels, tires and hubs
• damage to the underside of the car, the interior of the car, all car windows
• damage to the engine due to lack of oil or filling the car with wrong fuel or careless driving
• burned clutch - loss of car keys, car documents or registration plates
• damage caused by a driver under influence of alcohol or drugs
• damage caused by an unauthorised driver
• damage done outside Croatia, if the border crossing wasn't allowed by the lessor
•any damage not reported to the nearest police station / rental station In case of any situation mentioned above, renter is responsible for whole amount of the damage.
Lessor is not responsible for loss of renter's property or goods, left or transported in the vehicle rented
Procedure in case of accident
• obtaining names and addresses of parties involved
• not abandoning rented vehicle without adequate safeguarding and security
• calling the nearest rental station even in case of a slight damage and submitting to the police station
Written report of the accident
• in case of greater damage or if the persons are injured is obligated to notify police , to wait until the police arrives and makes official inquiries and also immidiately notify nearest rental station
• all police statements from the accident and alcohol testing results must be handed over to rental station when returning the car
If renter fails to take the steps mentioned above , he agrees to be liable to lessor for all losses and consequences lessor should suffer thereof.
Changes and cancellations
In the event the renter wishes to change or cancel a reservation he/she must do so in writing (via e-mail or fax).
Changes constitute a change in the renters name or the date of the commencement and/or end date of the service.
• If the renter cancels a reservation up to 14 days before the designated pick-up time a 10,00 € cancellation fee will be charged.
• If the renter cancels a reservation within 14 days before the designated pick-up time, does not pick up the rental car or cancels his/her reservation after the designated pick-up time a 20% cancellation fee of the total amount of the reservation will be charged.
Paying a deposit or payment in full signifies that the renter fully comprehends and accepts the aforementioned terms.